Current available jobs in Sales & Marketing:
About the Atlanta Falcons:
With a rich history since our inception in 1965, the Atlanta Falcons Football Club has evolved to become one of the National Football League’s premier teams on and off the field under current owner Arthur Blank’s leadership. We are part of the Blank Family of Businesses and share a strong organizational culture, rooted in our core values and lived through our associates. We play our home games at the Georgia Dome in downtown Atlanta, but construction is beginning on a new retractable roof stadium, opening for the 2017 season. The new facility will allow us to provide a world-class experience for fans, both on Falcons game days and for many other marquee events. Our headquarters and practice facilities are currently located on a 50-acre campus in Flowery Branch. We are proud to represent the city of Atlanta, with a thriving economy, especially in areas like media operations and information technology; a rich culture and arts scene; low cost of living; and plenty of green space to enjoy the great climate.
The Atlanta Falcons Event Marketing department is looking for four (4) qualified candidates for the duration of the 2014 Atlanta Falcons Training Camp. The purpose of this internship is to provide hard-working, dedicated students an opportunity to experience the work environment of an NFL Marketing Department. The positions are paid an hourly rate based on a 40-hour work week from mid-July through mid-August.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Customer Service: Interns are the ambassadors of the Atlanta Falcons for fans in attendance at Training Camp. The majority of the day is focused around the fans and the customer service/experience we deliver.
• Sponsorship Execution: Corporate sponsorship is an essential part of Training Camp and it will be the interns’ job to ensure signage is displayed and all elements are properly maintained on a daily basis.
• Operations: Training Camp is held at the Flowery Branch Training Facility, thus many of the elements and materials displayed at camp requires setup and breakdown each day. It is the interns’ responsibility to coordinate all setup and breakdowns throughout the course of Training Camp.
• Corporate Hospitality Entertainment and Management: Interns will be in charge of greeting and hosting fans, maintaining, organizing and overseeing operations during special events held at Training Camp.
• Community Relations: Provide assistance to Atlanta area community groups in attendance by ensuring a fun, safe and meaningful visit to Training Camp.
• Event Assistance: Interns will be required to assist with any event that is occurring throughout the duration of the internship; e.g., pre-season games and other special events hosted by the Atlanta Falcons.
• Practical Experience: Interns will use the knowledge attained throughout Training Camp to assist with other Atlanta Falcons-related Marketing initiatives.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
• Must be in your Junior or Senior year in college.
• Prior experience in the Sports Management field is highly preferred, but not required. This experience includes:
- Sports Management Major/Minor, Marketing
- Clubs and/or organizations focused in the Sports and Entertainment realm
- College sports
- Other experience in the Sport/Leisure/Event industry
• Must have reliable transportation to and from Training Camp in Flowery Branch, Georgia.
• Must be eligible to work in the United States.
• Must be able to work a pre-assigned 5-day schedule which includes a mix of days, nights, and weekends.
• Must be able to lift 35+ pounds and be on your feet for 2+ hours at a time.
• Must be able to work outdoor shifts.
• Hourly (no more than 40 hours per week)
• Benefits and Relocation expenses not included.
• Housing will not be provided.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Describe your prior work or internship experience in Sports, Events or Marketing.
2. What assets would you bring to the organization over other applicants that are similarly qualified?
3. What experiences have you had in college that have prepared you for this opportunity?
4. Do you have available housing in the Atlanta area?
5. What hours and days are you available to work from mid-July through mid-August?
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ