Public Relations: Corporate Communications
Manager - Communications, PGATSS - Atlanta Falcons (Roswell, Ga)
PGA TOUR Superstore and AMB Group, LLC, seek an entrepreneurial storyteller to serve as manager of communications for the successful retail chain. The successful candidate will be dedicated to the PGATSS business, but be integrated with the communications team across the Blank Family of Businesses. This position will report directly to the Chief Communications Officer of AMB Group and work very closely with the PGATSS Chief Marketing Officer. The manager will work from PGATSS HQ in Roswell, GA.
The successful candidate will be counted on to drive value for the PGATSS brand by driving its overall narrative primarily in the relevant trade, business, consumer media, as well as through digital and social channels direct to the customer. The manager will help craft annual communication strategy for the brand and lead outreach planning and execution to support key sales periods, new store openings, philanthropic initiatives, executive positioning and thought leadership in the golf retail space.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Play a key role in crafting communication strategy for the brand, stores and executive team
- Develop key storytelling pillars and lead process of execution
- Write and coordinate internal and external communications
- Coordinate and service all content materials for media purposes to include video, photos, written materials, etc.
- Build and maintain general and targeted press lists
- Proactive media outreach and story placement locally, nationally and internationally
- Fulfillment of incoming media requests
- Collaborate with other BFOB communications professionals and department leadership to support media outreach and event execution needs
- Logistical and content support for outbound executive communications
- Accompany members of executive management to media events
- Work with outside consultants and partners (e.g. PGA TOUR) to coordinate messaging and communications strategies
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Demonstrated success in proactive media outreach (story development and placement), social media execution and production of quality media materials
- Four (4) to seven (7) years of professional experience in a communications setting; i.e., PR agency, in-house communications department, etc.
- Demonstrated experience and success in golf, sports, consumer or retail strongly preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Understanding of primary social media platforms
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once while collaborating with a team and other relevant business leaders
- Experience with communications and social media measurement
- Content development experience
- Ability to think strategically, be a self-starter and work within a matrixed organization
- Possess an entrepreneurial mindset and collaborative spirit